After their 19-inning marathon Sunday against the Blue Jays (which resulted in a 6-5 loss… blah) the Tigers promoted a few pitchers to replenish the bullpen as best they can while releasing Casey Crosby to make room on the 40-man roster for Kevin Whelan according to Chris Iott of Mlive.com.
To summarize he’s who they brought up from Triple-A Toledo:
- Kevin Whelan (2-1, 1.85 ERA in 35 games for the Mud Hens this season)
- Ian Krol (He threw 3 2/3 scoreless innings in four outings for the Mud Hens since his demotion on July 31st)
- Justin Miller (Miller has been on fire for the Mud Hens going 2-1 with a 1.45 ERA in 31 games)
To make room for these three relievers the Tigers made the following corresponding moves:
- Again they released pitcher Casey Crosby.
- Option LHP Blaine Hardy to Triple-A Toledo.
- Optioned LHP Patrick McCoy to Triple-A Toledo.
Also according to Iott the team didn’t officially put Anibal Sanchez on the DL (just Soria) however it’s anticipated that they’ll do so tomorrow when they recall lefty Robbie Ray to start on Wednesday. It’s also not clear what the team will do tomorrow starting wise since Rick Porcello (who was scheduled to start Tuesday) was forced into the game yesterday.
h/t: Chris Iott