After a tease yesterday on Twitter, the Detroit Pistons unveiled a new third jersey that the team will wear during the upcoming 2013-14 upcoming season.
— Detroit Pistons (@DetroitPistons) August 13, 2013
Since ditching the red alternates a few years ago Detroit will go with a navy blue blue thread, large red piping down the side and the word’s ‘Motor City’ across the chest.
“We are pleased to unveil our new Motor City uniforms and display our pride in the metro Detroit community. When you say Motor City – no matter where you are in the world – everyone knows you are talking about Detroit. We are proud to represent Detroit and hope these uniforms will serve as a source of pride for our fans and this region.” – Dennis Mannion, CEO of the Detroit Pistons
Obviously the best part of these new digs is the teal era still remains long gone.
When will they be worn?
The Pistons also announced the dates in which the team will wear the new uniforms in 2013-14. All dates are on a Sunday.
- Pistons vs. Celtics – Sunday, November 3
- Pistons at Lakers – Sunday, November 17
- Pistons vs. Lakers – Friday, November 29
- Pistons vs. 76ers – Sunday, December 1
- Pistons vs. Heat – Sunday, December 8
- Pistons vs. Trail Blazers – Sunday, December 15
- Pistons vs. Grizzlies – Sunday, January 5
- Pistons at Mavericks – Sunday, January 26
- Pistons at Celtics – Sunday, March 9
- Pistons vs. Raptors – Sunday, April 13
h/t: Detroit Pistons